Table of Contents
Next-generation, high throughput blockchain platform
The Zilliqa was founded in 2017 by a group of National University of Singapore researchers. Zilliqa is a public, permissionless blockchain that is designed to offer high throughput with the ability to complete thousands of transactions per second.
- Metapolis: The Metaverse for all, powered by Zilliqa [Jan 2022]
- Zilliqa is all set to launch ‘Metapolis’ — its highly immersive and gamified XR metaverse platform in January 2022, making it the first layer-1 protocol to do so.
- ZRC-6 finalized: New-and-improved NFT standard to fuel the creator economy. [Jan 2022]
- ZRC-6 will pave the way for Zilliqa as a leading NFT issuance platform and contribute to its energy efficiency as well!
- Token||Traxx has partnered with Zilliqa, who will provide the blockchain for their revolutionary music NFT platform. [Nov 2021]
Zilliqa is a blockchain platform with a sharded architecture aiming to solve the scalability issues that other blockchains are currently facing. Taking the advantage of a separated structure, Zilliqa can split its infrastructure into several different blockchains that are connected to each other, leading to faster transaction processing compared to 5–20 TPS of its first generation.
ZIL token, the native token of Zilliqa network, is a ERC-20 based token that has functions as transaction fees, mining reward, or gas for activities that keeps blockchain running.
An ICO held in January 2018 helped Zilliqa raise a fund of 22 million USD:
- ICO Price: $0.0038