Table of Contents
- Founded in 2018 and funded by multiple investment funds
- Ava Labs is currently developing the Avalanche platform and the AVAX cryptocurrency.
- Avalanche Adds USDC Stablecoin in Continued DeFi Push [Dec 2021]
- Bank of America: Avalanche is an Ethereum alternative [Dec 2021]
- The bank’s analysts say the Avalanche network’s ability to settle transactions quickly make it a credible alternative to Ethereum
Avalanche is a layer one blockchain designed to function as a decentralized, distributed, and secure network. In addition, the platform also offers payment solutions in the form of AVAX cryptocurrency.
Avalanche blockchain has become a big rival of Ethereum that is aiming to unseat Ethereum as the most popular blockchain for smart contracts. Avalanche can process smart contracts and execute transactions in less than one second. Also, Avalanche can handle 4,500 transactions per second, much higher compared to Ethereum with 14 transactions per second.
- Protocol page on CoinList: Avalanche (AVAX)