Sep 2023 Crypto Industry Updates
Table of Contents
Content will be sorted chronologically with latest at the bottom.
- FTX receives court approval to start liquidating crypto assets
- FTX was granted permission from a bankruptcy judge to begin liquidating its crypto to start repaying creditors. The bankrupt exchange can sell up to $200 million USD in assets every week, pending creditor approval. FTX’s major crypto holdings include SOL, BTC, and ETH.
- Singapore’s Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS) issued prohibition orders lasting 9 years against Zhu Su and Kyle Davies, the founders of Three Arrows Capital.
- banned from participating in the management, acting as directors, or becoming substantial shareholders of any capital market services company regulated in Singapore.
- Crypto hedge fund Three Arrows Capital co-founder arrested at Singapore’s Changi Airport
- Zhu Su was detained while trying to leave the country and jailed for four months.
- arrest came after Teneo said it obtained a committal order this week against Zhu for failing to comply with its investigation into the company’s failure.