Jan 2023 Crypto Industry Updates
Table of Contents
Content will be sorted chronologically with latest at the bottom.
- BAS opposes the proposed Singapore ban on crypto lending [6 Jan 2022]
- The Blockchain Association of Singapore (BAS) has voiced opposition to a proposed ban on crypto firms lending tokens.
- An 11-page feedback document sent to the Monetary Authority of Singapore BAS argued that a ban could push local users toward unregulated offshore firms
- Crypto lender Genesis files for bankruptcy protection [20 Jan 2022]
- Genesis is a part of Barry Silbert’s Digital Currency Group
- filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection in New York
- some 340,000 Gemini Earn customers are now Genesis creditors.
- Genesis owes more than $3.4 billion to its top 500 creditors