Jun 2022 Crypto Industry Updates
Table of Contents
Content will be sorted chronologically with latest at the bottom.
- Circle launching Euro Coin (EUROC)
- Euro Coin (EUROC) is issued by Circle under the same full-reserve model as USD Coin (USDC)
- Circle will hold euros in euro-denominated banking accounts at leading financial institutions, beginning with Silvergate Bank in the U.S.
- Ethereum ERC-20 standard token
- officially launching on June 30th with support from a broad range of ecosystem leaders, including:
- Exchanges: Binance.US, Bitstamp, FTX, Huobi Global
- DeFi: Compound, Curve, DFX, Uniswap Protocol
- Custodians: Anchorage Digital, CYBAVO, Fireblocks
- Wallets: Ledger, MetaMask Institutional
- Launch of ProShares Short Bitcoin ETF (BITI) on NYSE [21 Jun 22]
- only American fund offering its investors to trade Bitcoin in both directions