May 2022 Crypto Industry Updates
Table of Contents
Content will be sorted chronologically with latest at the bottom.
- Warren Buffett-Backed Digital Bank Nubank Buys Bitcoin, Adds Trading In App
- Nubank is the largest Brazilian digital bank
- now enables its customers to purchase bitcoin in its mobile app.
- Nubank will also allocate 1% of its portfolio to bitcoin to “strengthen the company’s conviction” in the potential of bitcoin
- Singapore courts blocked a Bored Ape NFT from sale
- sets precedent for protecting the digital assets as legal property
- Andreessen Horowitz raises largest-ever crypto fund. [25 May 2022]
- The venture capital firm unveiled a US$ 4.5 billion fund, the largest ever for the technology.
- plans to invest heavily in the downturn
- marks Andreessen’s fourth fund for the asset class and brings its total raised for crypto and blockchain investments to $7.6 billion.
- The Monetary Authority of Singapore is partnering with JPMorgan Chase to lead a pilot program exploring DeFi’s potential
- part of the Monetary Authority of Singapore’s (MAS) Project Guardian initiative
- Project Guardian aims to gauge whether DeFi (decentralized finance) applications running on public blockchains, including Ethereum, can improve wholesale borrowing and lending processes without introducing additional, undue risk.
- The first step: tokenizing bonds and deposits, with smart contracts powering trade executions.
- DBS and Marketnode to co-lead the program.