Sep 2021 Crypto Industry Updates
Table of Contents
- [27 Sep]: Binance.com users in Singapore are advised to cease all related trades, withdraw fiat assets and redeem tokens to avoid potential trading disputes
- Deadline: Wednesday, 2021-10-26 04:00 AM UTC (12:00 PM UTC+8).
- Twitter enables tipping using bitcoin.
- Twitter allows users to send and receive Bitcoin “tips” via the Lightning Network, a protocol designed to make BTC payments faster and cheaper.
- Lightning Network transactions fees are typically fractions of a cent, and also use much less energy than transactions on the main blockchain.
- Ukraine Becomes Second Country to Legalise Bitcoin
- [02 Sep]: Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS) orders crypto exchange operator Binance to stop providing payment services to Singapore residents.
- The regulator has placed Binance.com on its investor alert list, warning consumers that Binance is not regulated or licensed to provide any payment services in Singapore.
- MetaMask, a popular wallet option for DeFi, has seen its user count soar 1,800% this year.
- It now has more than 10 million users.