Zipmex Review, Usage Tips and Referral Benefits
On 20 July 2022, Zipmex announced it will pause withdrawals of all fiat and crypto on the platform.
Extract from email:
Due to a combination of circumstances beyond our control including volatile market conditions, a series of black swan events in the industry, and the resulting financial difficulties of our key business partners we have considered that in order to maintain the integrity of our platform, we would be pausing withdrawals until further notice. We apologize and appreciate your patience in the meantime.
At Zipmex, the security of our customers is our number one priority. As such, we strive to provide the most secure platform possible. For further enquiries, please do get in touch with our Customer Support Team over Live Chat - this is available 24/7.
Removing the referral link from this page till there is more clarity on the situation.
Further updates to the situation can be found here.
Table of Contents
Singapore-based Zipmex was founded in 2018. Currently, the firm has offices in Singapore, Thailand, Australia, and Indonesia.
Zipmex accounts for nearly one-quarter of the total revenue of the digital asset market in Thailand, which is made up of roughly 1.7 million traders across a number of domestic exchanges.
Boosted with funds from its series B funding, Zipmex has plans to expand into Vietnam in 2022.
- Zipmex bags $11m more in series B money [Mar 2022]
- from investors including B Capital, TNB Aura, Bank of Ayudhya’s Krungsri Finnovate, Master Ad, and MindWorks Capital, among others.
- total funds raised in the round clocks in at US$52 million
- Zipmex raises US$41m from B Capital and others to grow digital assets platform [Sep 2021]
- B Capital, founded by Facebook co-founder Eduardo Saverin and former Bain Capital executive Raj Ganguly, invests in growth-stage startups globally.
- Zipmex closes $6M funding round led by Jump Capital [Jan 2021]
- over US$4 Billion in gross transaction volume [as of Sep 2021]
- 2m+ users [Apr 2022]
- Received license to operate in Thailand [Jan 2020]
- digital assets exchange license and a brokerage license issued by the Ministry of Finance of Thailand
Presence in Singapore
- Zipmex is currently headquartered in Singapore.
- Entity: ZIPMEX (PTE. LTD.) (UEN 201830972H)
- Location: 65 Chulia Street, OCBC Centre #42-01/03, Singapore 049513
Regulation by Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS)
- Android: Zipmex Trading App
- iOS: Zipmex Trading App
Private Client Service
For institutional investors, Family Offices and top-tier clients, Zipmex offers 24/7 personal crypto consultants to assist with OTC deals, while seasonal trading experts will ensure clients get the best rates and the highest rewards around.
Learn more about the Private Client Service (PCS).
Do contact us if you are interested in getting referred to PCS and can commit to locking up US$50k worth of assets for 60 days.
Zipmex Token (ZMT)
Zipmex Token (ZMT) is a ERC-20 traded digital asset native to Zipmex. ZMT has multiple benefits and use cases such as higher rates on earnings accounts, discounts and more!
- Enjoy up to 50% discount on trading fees by locking Zipmex Token.
- Earn extra interest on ZipUp and ZipLock
Zipmex splits user assets into two wallets:
- Trade wallet: for crypto asset trading use
- Z Wallet: for receiving bonuses, earning new digital assets, and much more including access to exclusive products and services. Z Wallet is further broken down into ZipUp+, ZipLock and ZLaunch.
ZipUp+ is a flexi-earnings accounts that pays interest daily and has no minimum deposit. Withdraw and deposit any amount, any time. This gives investors the flexibility to manoeuvre funds anytime. Investors can earn up to 10% APY on ZipUp+.
ZipLock is like a fixed deposit account for which allows you to earn up to 12% interest p.a on locked ZMT tokens. You can lock up any amount (no minimum) of ZMT tokens any time. But each time you do so, it is locked up for 45 days and you can’t withdraw the amount that you’ve locked up.
Locking up ZMT tokens allows investors to advance to various VIP membership tiers and enjoy benefits like trading fee discounts and higher interest on ZipUp+ assets.
ZLaunch is a platform that connects Zipmex users to the latest token projects. You will have the opportunity to use your ZMT to earn new token rewards.
The daily token rewards you will receive is proportional to the amount of ZMT that you lock and the total amount of ZMT locked by the community. While you earn token rewards, you are also fueling the growth of the token project that you supported through locking ZMT.
Yieldly (YLDY) is the first token project featured on ZLaunch!
A short video we made to demonstrate how to lock your ZMTs in ZLaunch:
What is the difference between ZipLock and ZLaunch?
When you lock ZMT in ZipLock, the lock period is fixed and your rewards are in ZMT.
When you lock ZMT in ZLaunch, the lock period is flexible and you will receive rewards in the form of tokens from the ZLaunch project you participated in.
✔️ Unique Selling Proposition (USP)
Secure & Insured platform with US$100M BITGO insurance policy.
Usage Notes and Tips
Deposit and withdrawal fees are regularly reviewed and may be adjusted on the first business day of every week. Check the Fees Schedule for up to date information.