Crypto.com Exchange Review, Usage Tips and Referral Benefits
Sign up with Crypto.com Exchange using this referral link or referral ID: sgreferralpromo, and receive up to US$50 worth of CRO.
Stake on the Crypto.com Exchange:
- 1000 to 4999 CRO, and receive 10 USD of CRO
- 5000+ CRO, and receive 50 USD of CRO
- (IMPORTANT) The sign-up bonus is dependent on your first-ever CRO stake amount on Crypto.com Exchange.
- Successfully verified KYC at the Advanced level
- Any CRO received as bonus (e.g. deposit bonus) does not count towards staking requirement.
Table of Contents
Founded in 2016.
Crypto.com has grown without ever taking an outside investment.
“We’ve obviously had a tremendous amount of interest, with some very generous offers, but cash hasn’t been a limiting factor given the amount of revenue the company produces” - source
- 80+ million customers [Mar 2023]
- 1+ million followers on Twitter [Oct 2021]
- 4000+ employees in offices across the Americas, Europe and Asia [May 2022]
- trading fees restructure and massive nerf-ing of staking rewards for CRO [Aug 2022]
- CRO staking: from a flat staking rate of 10% p.a. to a tiered approach of up to 8% p.a. Anything less than 50,000 CRO will earn no interest.
- Crypto.com receives in-principle approval from the Monetary Authority of Singapore for Major Payment Institution License [22 Jun 2022]
- announced reduction of about 260 positions or 5% of corporate workforce [Jun 2022]
- Cyber-security breach of 483 customer accounts [17 Jan 2022]
- users reported that Ethereum and other cryptocurrencies were wiped from their accounts.
- Singapore-based Crypto.com CEO Kris Marszalek confirms 483 accounts hacked, says affected customers reimbursed
- unauthorised withdrawals totalled 4,836.26 ETH, 443.93 BTC and approximately US$66,200 in other currencies. In cash terms, more than $33 million in funds was stolen.
- post-mortem: Security Report & Next Steps
- Crypto.com shared findings, announced enhancements to the security infrastructure and introduced the Worldwide Account Protection Program (WAPP).
Presence in Singapore
- Entity: Foris DAX Asia Pte. Ltd. (UEN: 201917495R)
- Location: 1 Raffles Quay #09-06 Singapore 048583
Mr Chin Tah Ang was announced as general manager of Crypto.com’s Singapore office in a press release on 18 August 2022. He most recently headed Digital Industry Singapore, a joint office between three Government agencies - the Economic Development Board (EDB), Enterprise Singapore and Infocomm Media Development Authority.
Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS)
On 22 Jun 2022, Crypto.com announced that it has received in-principle approval from the Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS) for its Major Payment Institution License.
Once granted, this license will enable Crypto.com to offer a range of payment services within the Payment Services Act, including Digital Payment Token (DPT) services to customers in Singapore.
Might not be a complete list:
- Brazil: secures Payment Institution (EMI) License in Brazil [Dec 2022]
- Cyprus: received regulatory approval from the Cyprus Securities and Exchange Commission (CySEC) [Jul 2022]
- Dubai: received MVP Preparatory License from Dubai’s Virtual Assets Regulatory Authority (VARA) [Mar 2023]
- MVP Phase in its preparatory stage allows for approved licensees to fulfill all pre-conditions required to undertake MVP market operations within the VARA Regime
- Greece: received registration from the Hellenic Capital Market Commission
- Italy: received registration and regulatory approval from the Organismo Agenti e Mediatori (OAM) in Italy as a provider of virtual currency and digital wallet services [Jul 2022]
- South Korea: secured Electronic Financial Transaction Act and Virtual Asset Service Provider registration
- by acquiring payment service provider ‘PnLink Co., Ltd.’ and virtual asset service provider ‘OK-BIT Co., Ltd.’.
- UK: registration approval as Cryptoasset Business from UK Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) [Aug 2022]
Crypto.com announced in February 2022 that it will be introducing several measures in 2022 to comply with the Monetary Authority of Singapore’s incorporation of the Financial Action Task Force Value Transfer Requirements (‘Travel Rule’) under the Payment Services Act (Notice PSN02). See FAQ.
In the first phase, Crypto.com users are required to provide additional information for the following transactions:
Outgoing digital token transfers
You must provide the name of the beneficiary party, whether the transfer is going to a private wallet or a cryptocurrency exchange, and other supplementary information.
Incoming digital token transfers
You should share additional details about your incoming transfers for the protection of your account, including the name of the originating party and whether the transfer is from a private wallet or a cryptocurrency exchange.
The beneficiary/originating party information will be assigned to the respective digital wallet address. You will not be required to furnish the beneficiary/originating party’s information for subsequent transfers to or from the assigned digital wallet address.
- Crypto.com Singapore Community 🇸🇬 :
- Twitter: @Cryptocom_Insto is dedicated to Crypto.com Exchange.
- Follow to stay up to date on:
- New listings across Spot, Margin, and Derivatives Trading, as well as supported coins for Lending
- Fresh features and upgrades for all Exchange users, including VIPs and institutional clients
- Trading competitions and giveaways
- Market insights, chart analysis, and more
- Follow to stay up to date on:
Cold wallet addresses for some of the largest assets published by Crypto.com in an article ‘Transparency First’ released on 11 November 2022. The company is also expected to release an audited Proof of Reserves soon, confirming full 1:1 reserve of all customer assets.
ETH, ERC20, and more:
Access to platform
- The ‘Crypto.com Exchange App’ meant for this platform has a black logo.
- The ‘Crypto.com App’ meant for the Crypto.com App platform has a blue logo.
Cronos (CRO) Coin
Cronos (formerly Crypto.com) Coin
Staking CRO on the Exchange will give you the following benefits:
- Lower trading fees
- up to 0.1 bps Maker Fees Rebate and 30% discount on Taker Fees from staking CRO.
- Up to 8% p.a. in CRO Daily
- Access to The Syndicate
- Exclusive Crypto.com Pay Benefits
Utilise Crypto.com Price to find market cap rankings, price charts, upcoming NFT collections, and other information that can help you make informed decisions about your crypto holdings. You can sign in with a Crypto.com App account.
Another useful feature is Showroom where users can check out the day’s most relevant tokens and coins.
The ‘Discovery Zone’ was launched in Nov 2021 and enables users to find and trade the token of exciting new projects.
When accessing the platform from web browsers, it can be found in the “Markets” section.
- A simple, flexible, and secure liquidity mining platform
- Deposit and mine the most popular DeFi tokens with the option to withdraw at any time
There is a minimum deposit of 100 CRO to take part in the Supercharger. The Supercharger for both Crypto.com App and Exchange goes to the same liquidity pool.
How does Supercharger work?
Simply look for the Supercharger banner in the Crypto.com App or navigate to the Supercharger page on the Crypto.com Exchange. Find the latest event, click Charge Now, and choose the cryptocurrency and amount you’d like to stake.
‘Charging’ or staking periods last for 10, 30, or 45 days, where you can withdraw your stake at any time. When the Charging Period ends, accept your rewards—they’re based on your total share of the staking pool and will be deposited in your Crypto.com App or Exchange account.
Here’s the complete guide to Crypto.com Supercharger
- Earn up to 4% p.a. just by holding a balance on the Crypto.com Exchange
- Withdraw and trade your crypto at any time
The Syndicate is a fundraising platform for the promising crypto projects to list their coins or tokens on the Crypto.com Exchange. Crypto.com Coin (CRO) holders, those who have staked CRO in the Exchange, will receive priority token allocation for these events at a discount.
Crypto.com Exchange launched trading bots in late April 2022.
Unlike KuCoin, which limits traders to 10 concurrent trading bots, there is no cap on Crypto.com Exchange.
The first type of trading bot introduced performs Dollar-Cost Averaging (DCA) for Spot trading. This enhancement enables traders to hedge market risk by automatically investing a set amount on a regular schedule.
Grid Trading Bots are now available in the Crypto.com Exchange’s desktop and mobile web versions.
The Grid Trading Bot uses the grid trading strategy to automatically take advantage of volatile market conditions, placing orders based on predefined parameters, allowing users to build up positions in the Spot market and profit when price swings occur.
This feature is available for all trading pairs in the Crypto.com Exchange and you can configure an unlimited number of Bots with no additional fees and charges.
✔️ Unique Selling Proposition (USP)
100% of user cryptocurrencies are held offline in cold storage
Crypto.com has a strategic partnership with Ledger, integrating its institutional-grade custody solution, Ledger Vault. They also leverage hardware security modules (HSM) and multi-signature technologies.
All funds held in hot wallets are corporate funds. They are primarily used to ensure smooth day-to-day withdrawal requests from customers.
Insurance against losses
Crypto.com has secured a total of USD 750M in cold storage insurance against physical damage or destruction, and third-party theft.
Worldwide Account Protection Program (WAPP)
Introduced in the aftermath of the hacking incident in January 2022 and rolling out from February 2022 in select markets, WAPP offers additional protection and security for user funds held in the Crypto.com App and the Crypto.com Exchange. The protection program was rolled out in Singapore in early March 2022.
It is designed to protect user funds in cases where a third party gains unauthorized access to their account and withdraws funds without the user’s permission. WAPP restores funds up to USD$250,000 for qualified users; terms & conditions apply.
To qualify for the WAPP program, users must:
- Enable Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) on all transaction types where MFA is currently available,
- Set up an anti-phishing code at least 21 days prior to the reported unauthorized transaction,
- Not be using jailbroken devices,
- File a police report and provide a copy of it to Crypto.com; and
- Complete a questionnaire to support a forensic investigation.
Privacy and Security
SOC 2 Compliance
First cryptocurrency platform to achieve this demonstrates company’s ongoing dedication to security and data privacy
Crypto.com announced on 22 Nov 2021 that it has successfully completed the Service Organization Control (SOC) 2 Audit, conducted by globally recognized audit and consulting firm Deloitte, which affirms that Crypto.com’s information security practices, policies, procedures, and operations meet the SOC 2 standards for security, availability, confidentiality and privacy.
Singapore’s Data Protection Trust Mark
Crypto.com is the first FinTech company to achieve the coveted Data Protection Trust Mark (DPTM) awarded by Singapore’s Infocomm Media Development Authority (IMDA).
IMDA, a statutory board under the Ministry of Communications and Information, has awarded less than 70 DPTM’s to organizations in Singapore of any kind.
Crypto.com’s Singapore-based customers can be assured that Crypto.com has put in place responsible data protection practices for their personal data, aligned with Singapore’s Personal Data Protection Act (PDPA), incorporating elements of international benchmarks and best practices.
ISO 27017 and ISO 27018 Security and Privacy Certifications
In January 2023, Crypto.com became the first virtual asset platform to achieve ISO 27017 and ISO 27018 Security and Privacy Certifications. This is in addition to existing ISO 27001, ISO 27701 and ISO 22301 certifications.
ISO 27017 for security in the cloud, and ISO 27018 for privacy protection in the cloud. Crypto.com was audited by SGS, an internationally-recognized certification authority.
Advanced order types
Enter and exit the market automatically using Advanced order types:
- Stop Loss
- Take Profit
- One-Cancel-the-Other (OCO) order (added in Dec 2021)
Best Execution Prices
Proprietary Vortex Liquidity Engine pools liquidity from major exchanges globally and routes them to ensure the lowest crypto prices.
Convert stablecoins at a 1:1 ratio without transaction fees
This feature gives you the flexibility to instantly exchange between and trade with 4 different stablecoins, including USDC and the newly-added TUSD, BUSD, and GUSD.
Low trading fees
Crypto.com Exchange restructured their fees and limits in August 2022. The trading fee structures are now simplified, and advancing through the levels is more straightforward
Trading fees now start from 0.075% with no minimum trading amount and can go to as low as ZERO!
New Users: 2% Deposit Bonus
New users who have completed account verification for ‘Advanced level’ are eligible for the 2% deposit bonus.
All direct deposits made to your Crypto.com Exchange Wallet address within 30 days from the new account creation date will receive a 2% bonus of the deposit value in CRO.
- Transfers made from the Crypto.com App are not on-chain deposits and will not receive a deposit bonus on the Crypto.com Exchange. This means you need to deposit from an external platform outside of the Crypto.com ecosystem.
- If the bonus amount is less than 1 CRO equivalent, it will not be credited
- Deposit Bonus reward is capped at 500 CRO.
Usage Notes and Tips
Crypto Dust Conversion
Crypto Dust Conversion was added to the Crypto.com Exchange in January 2022. Users can now instantly convert up to 20 small balances at a time into CRO.
Funding Crypto.com Exchange account
There methods to fund the account:
- Transfer USD from your bank account, and receive the funds in USDC at a 1:1 ratio.
- From an External Wallet
- From the Crypto.com App (no fees)
Method 3 allows you to fund using Singapore dollars (SGD). The workflow would be:
- Crypto.com App: StraitsX (Fiat Wallet) -> USDC
- Transfer with zero fees, USDC from Crypto.com App -> Crypto.com Exchange